The Diocese continues to strengthen its mission and ministry across central and
north western Victoria

Home News Parishes Registry The Bishop History The Spirit Documents Contact

Parishes of the Diocese - South East Bendigo

Contact Details

Rector: Archdeacon Greg Harris
Parish Office:14 Keck Street, Flora Hill,
Bendigo, Vic, 3550
Telephone: (03) 5443 3482
E-mail: office@southeastbendigo.com
Web site: www.southeastbendigo.com

Church Addresses

Holy Trinity:14 Keck Street, Flora Hill

People

Rector: Archdeacon Greg Harris
Assistant Minister: Rev'd Steve Weickhardt
Assistant Minister: Rev'd Trevor Bell
Children's & Youth
Minister:
Rob Edwards

Service Times

Holy Trinity Church, Flora Hill

Sundays:
8am Holy Communion
9.15am Holy Communion 1st and 3rd Sundays.
Morning Prayer other Sundays
11am Family Church
6.30pm Evening Church
   
Wednesdays:
10am Holy Communion

History and Current Information

Holy Trinity Parish was originally established as the evangelical arm of St Paul's Parish Bendigo. The first service was held in March 1905 with clergy supplied from St Paul's.

In 1946 Holy Trinity became a parochial district, the Parish of Holy Trinity comprising churches Holy Trinity Flora Hill, Christ Church East Bendigo and St Stephen's Emu Creek and with the appointment of its own clergy.

The name of the parish changed in 1984 to the Parish of South East Bendigo.

Holy Trinity services were held in the little wooden church in Hallam Street until 1972. The old buildings were badly in need of replacement and, with a vision for the future and a great step in faith, the small congregation began raising money for a new building.

The existing site did not allow for expansion and the Diocese purchased a former Presbyterian Church site in nearby Keck Street which allowed space for a new church, rectory and auxiliary buildings. The church was consecrated on 6th August 1972 and the congregation has flourished to this day.

In 1979 Christ Church replaced their wooden church with a cream brick building with the addition of a hall. St Stephen's congregation continues to worship in the original little red brick building in the bush with later added buildings.

In 1987 the land next door to Holy Trinity became available and was purchased. The new Rectory was built on part of this land in 2003. The remainder is used for vehicle access, parking and Parish activities.

In 2014-2015 the parish underwent a major adjustment with the two branch centres becoming part of other ministry opportunities. Christ Church East Bendigo joined with a Chinese Ministry that was looking for a new home. St Stephens Emu Creek took the final step and joined with the Uniting Church in Strathfieldsaye to form the Strathfieldsaye Community Church with their own resident fulltime minister.

Major developments have occurred at the Holy Trinity site in recent years including the conversion of the old rectory into children’s rooms, a new western entrance and upgraded toilet facilities and the new car park and landscaping.

Planning for the final step in the renovations is currently underway which would see a new kitchen, renovated worship space and the joining of the two buildings to further cater for the rapidly growing ministry to children, youth and young families.

South East Bendigo is one of the few parishes in the diocese which has had the capacity to engage a Curate/Assistant and support staff. Over the past thirty years, we have been blessed to have had thirteen assistants/curates who have been nurtured through the parish and have gone on well to serve the Lord in other parishes and in a variety of ministries. Along with our Rector/Senior Minister we currently have a part-time Ordained Local Minister who focuses on ministry to seniors and a full-time Children's & Youth Minister. (From January 2016 another fulltime Assistant Minister will join the Ministry Team)

Other Information

For further details re ministries, worship, mission, staff, groups, events, activities etc see the parish website www.southeastbendigo.com